Sketch Club EAST

Mark McDonnell formed this division where after lunch, Sketch Club EAST identifies a person of interest, usually for their unique or distinct characteristics too. The subject is briefly studied without drawing. Once back from lunch and back at the drawing board, the subject is drawn from memory. (Due to the sucess of The Sketch Club, this division was formed . . .thank you Marcelo, Steve, Marcos, and Noelle...you paved the way!)

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


Here's my version of the same guy! I think Dave and I captured his likeness. Looks like the same guy to me. I am amazed at how similar these memory drawings can sometimes be in likeness.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

Great sketch man. I think the goal was to interpretate the guy as an animal though.

MAC

7:27 PM  
Blogger Patrick Morgan said...

I know. I'm lame. I stuck with the usual memory sketch. If we start doing that, maybe, we should have a blog called "memory sketch that dude as an animal sketch club" or something. What do you think. :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

Funny man . . . .and, I'm down.

Great shapes and charcter my friend. Love the head and hair shapes, plus the added charcter in the feet . . .nice touch man.

MAC

9:17 PM  
Blogger David Colman said...

I think we should just pick a theme each time...
however...I think as long as its a memory sketch of the same guy, it doesnt matter how each of us interpret it... It will be fun to find the similarities even among diff themes...

I vote no on the separate blog....just do what you feel

btw....great drawing Big P

9:38 PM  
Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

I was just kidding man. I think we just have to deceide before we choose a mark. It was a nice switch up, but would have made less sense if there were only animals and no mark to see where the animal came from.

MAC

9:57 PM  
Blogger Patrick Morgan said...

Dude, Not to worry. haha. I was messin g with ya.

cheers bud. Great work. I'm just jealous that you guys draw animals so well

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Site Counter